Friday, August 13, 2010

Solo-Jakarta by another (economical) way


Several days ago (July 29th 2010), I and my dorm mate (Dayu) went to Jakarta and made a trying for economy public train. It was the first time for us, both, using that kind of public transportation. The prices of the ticket is much cheaper than another transportation, it costed 38.000 rupiahs per person. I think that it's really cheap to reach more than 500 kilometers by that budget. The train is named Bengawan, it departs on 15.45 and arrives on 05.00 in the next morning. 

That was unprepared trip, lol. We suddenly decided it in the afternoon, then we were in the train by the evening. From that trip, I'll write some tips if you are train-ing by economical public train ;)

DO(s) !!
#1 Bring some money in your pocket to pay everything you need along the trip.
#2 Bring some books. It will save you from getting bored. Before taking the train, I went to Gramedia to buy a novel, ps i love you (willy's recomendation). This book was released last year but I haven't read it.  Luckily, that was the last ps i love you in town and I got 50% of discount :) I am not keen on reading, but reading will help you killing time in the train. seriously! 
#3 Wear simple clothes, as simple as you can. Do not attract for atentions.
#4 It's better to have your mobile phone inactivated.
#5 Bring any wet tissue and plastic for the bin


DON'T (s)!!
#1 Don't wearing excessive jewerely. It can cause criminal doings. Be careful!
#2 Don't show valuablesPut your worth belonging in the safe place, unreachable by stranger. I brought my wallet, camera, and notebook covered by my t-shirt.

Happy trying! It couldn't be as bad as i thought before :D In the next time I went to Solo, I took a flight again -,- but I'll be training by this Bengawan again, someday. Jajaja.

-sinta-

2 comments:

Ayu Santika Santaningrum said...

siin..ga pegel gitu pantatnye?

Sinta Prastiana Dewi said...

silakan dibayangkan mba.. tempat duduknya siku2/tegak/90 derajat. hahahaha.